May 22nd, 2018
The attention of the management of Jubilee Radio, Keta has been drawn to a highly DEFAMATORY and FALSE news item released by Citi FM on air and published on their website (citinewsroom.com) and also floating on many social media platforms regarding a 3-year-old’s inability to undergo a hole-in-heart surgery due to Jubilee radio’s refusal to produce a fund the station raised for the little girl.
The management of Jubilee Radio wishes to react to the above news publication as follows;
• That in the evening of August 6th, 2017, one Miss Fortune Amey, mother of a child diagnosed with hole-in-heart condition, knowing that Jubilee Radio had successfully raised funds for similar cases in the past, approached the station for assistance in raising funds for her child’s surgery.
• That management of Jubilee Radio admits to raising a total sum of GH₵13,000 within 2 days (that is 7th and 8th of August, 2017) for the child in question.
• That on the third day, August 9th, 2017, management of Jubilee Radio appointed an official to accompany mother and child to Korlebu Teaching Hospital for their first appointment, after which series of other scheduled appointments followed, till date.
• That the child in question has not at any time been denied surgery because of lack of funds. And that the due process for the arranged surgery has been followed till date.
• That the mother’s claim that management of Jubilee Radio gave only an amount of GH₵1,500 to her is NOT a true statement. It is on record that to date, management has given a total of at least Gh4,380.00 to Miss Fortune Amey.
• That the allegation that management of Jubilee Radio has connived with Pascal Nyamador, a then staff of the station, to abscond with the money raised is TOTALLY FALSE! The truth is that as soon as it became obvious that Pascal Nyamador, who was a member of the committee set up to manage the fund, had absconded with the money, a report was made to the police.
• That management of Jubilee Radio did not state that the money raised for the child was too much when it did not even know how much the surgery will cost. In fact, it was to ascertain full cost of the surgery that Jubilee Radio asked Mr. Albert Sosu to accompany mother and child to the Korle-bu Teaching Hospital.
• That the cost of the surgery alone was only revealed last week, May 17, 2018, by the Cardio Center of Korle-bu Teaching Hospital as US$15,000 (GH¢67,500) after months of scheduled tests and pre-drug treatment.
• That management only thought it prudent to either open an account for the child or create a fund with any surplus money after the surgery for other similar cases.
• That notwithstanding the fact that Pascal Nyamador had absconded with the money, management of Jubilee Radio still made funds available for all the scheduled visits of the child to the hospital from August 9, 2017 to May 17, 2018, to the tune of at least GHC4,380.00
• That Jubilee Radio has in the past raised funds for similar cases and has executed them successfully without any problems.
• That the management of Citi FM did not get their facts right before circulating such damaging uninformed publication about a colleague operator in the media industry.
• That the information being circulated by Citi FM is highly defamatory to the hard earned reputation of Jubilee Radio; and that it is on record that Citi FM made previous contacts to both Jubilee Radio and the Keta Divisional Police Commander and were told that the matter was under police investigation
• That Citi FM did a very unprofessional, poor or sloppy job by not getting all the facts right through painstaking investigations, physical contacts or interviews with the persons involved and by not double checking “facts” before rushing to the press or social media
• That the Citi FM news reporter, who did the story should be sanctioned by management for such unprofessional one sided reportage.
• That the management of Jubilee Radio is appealing to all and sundry to help locate Pascal Nyamador.
• That management of Jubilee Radio in line with its compassion ministry has in its past organized medical outreach programs for the littoral communities; funded the education of brilliant but needy students and the training of young men and women in various vocations free of charge etc.
• That management of Jubilee Radio is of the view that Miss Fortune Amey’s report to Citi FM was an ill-informed and a miscalculated decision which bordered principally on a sense of desperation.
• That management of Jubilee Radio wishes to state emphatically that; Jubilee Radio is a station built on the core values of Truth, Honesty and Service to humanity and will not under any circumstance condone any action that will go contrary to these values.
-Selassi Damien (Programmes Manager)
-Mac Nulans-Liberty (General Manager)
Omni Media Ltd (Citi FM) Accra
The Divisional Police Commander Keta
The District Commander of Police Keta
The Municipal Chief Executive Keta
National Media Commission Ghana
Togbi Sri III – The Awomefia of Anloga Anlo State
The Anlo Traditional Council Anloga
Ms. Fortune Amey Dzelukope
Kekeli Radio Ho
Hogbe FM Anloga
All Media Houses Nationwide.